3rd Low Voltage Conference - 2nd & 3rd November 2016 - Melbourne, Australia
IDC Technologies finished the year of conferences with the 3rd Low Voltage Conference. The event was held in Melbourne on the 2nd & 3rd November 2016 – the Melbourne Cup After Party.
The purpose of this conference was to review the application and best practice in the requirements laid down in the standard AS/NZS 3000:2007, commonly known as Australia-New Zealand Wiring Rules. For those installations covered in the scope of this standard, its provisions are mandatory and must be followed. Any engineer involved in planning and design of electrical systems, installation or maintenance must have a clear idea about the various requirements contained in the standard.
The conference had a total of ten presentations, including two half day workshops from keynote speakers, Gary Busbridge, Standardisation Manager at Clipsal by SchneiderElectric; and Roger Royal, Low Voltage Expert at Snowy Technical Services.
A list of conference topics and guest speakers can be seen below:
- Low Voltage Earthing Design and the AS/NZS 3000 – Roger Royal, Low Voltage Specialist, Snowy Technical Services
- Why Earthing Really Matters, What’s Changed in Our Standards and What it Means for LV Designers and Inspectors – Stephen Palmer, Director, Safearth
- ‘Internal’ versus ‘External’ Bolt Fault Current Contribution in Calculations for LV Arc Flash Hazard Assessment in Integrated Electrical Networks – Dr. Tony Auditore, Principal Engineer, Linetech Consulting
- Busduct a Superior Alternative to Cables – Masood Agha, National Manager, Business Solutions, Low Voltage Systems, ABB
- Low Voltage Design – Electro Magnetic Compatibility in Variable Speed Drives – Nick Hughes, Sales Manager, Power Electronics Australia
- Wiring Rules Revision – Unplugged – Gary Busbridge, Standardisation Manager, Clipsal by Schneider Electric & Chairman of the EL001 Wiring Rules Standards Committee
- Low Voltage Portable Generators – Reducing Shock Risk through Failure Mode Consideration and Installation Method – Matthew Bale, Principal Engineer, Safearth
- Life Cycle Management of Low Voltage Emergency Lighting – Chris Leahy, National Manager, Emergency Lighting, MPower
- All You Need to Know About AS/NZS 61439, But Were Afraid to Ask… – Boris Fuchs, Technical Expert, Schneider Electric
- Discrimination Study – You Won’t Leave Site Without One – Boris Fuchs, Technical Expert, Schneider Electric
The conference was very interactive with audience members invited to ask questions throughout the presentations making for an engaging and collaborative event. IDC Technologies would like to make a special thanks to Boris Fuchs from Schneider Electric for contributing two technical papers to the event, and our keynote speakers Gary Busbridge and Roger Royal.
Gary Busbridge’s half day workshop was considered the most valuable presentation by the delegates. We commend him for being able to present for 3 1/2 hours and answer individual questions along the way. An excellent presenter.
Boris Fuchs was voted both the second and third most valuable speaker for his two closing presentations. He displayed both enthusiasm and an expert understanding for his topics.
A big thank you to the sponsors of the event Engineering Institute of Technology, ABB Australia, Clipsal by Schneider Electric, Safearth Consulting, Power Electronics, and media sponsor Industrial Electrix.
For further information on the 3rd Low Voltage Conference or to purchase the technical papers and slides from the conference, please contact 1300 138 522 or email email@example.com