AgChem Conference - Brisbane, Australia
The goal of this conference is to improve chemical safety management in agriculture with focus on pesticides such as herbicides, insecticides and fungicides as well as the chemicals used in aquaculture and veterinary industry. The use of the agricultural chemicals is regulated, so it's important that everyone understand their responsibilities when using these chemical products. The conference will also cover the storage, handling and transport of dangerous goods in agriculture and the newly adopted Globally Harmonised System (GHS) of labelling and packaging chemicals in Australia.
This conference will explore the variety of updates the introduction of the GHS will have on your business and offer best practice when dealing with your dangerous goods. Anyone working with agricultural chemicals has a duty of care; a responsibility to carry out their tasks in a manner which will not cause harm or injury to themselves, other people, their property, animals or the environment. This event will ensure that you stay legally compliant with the Australian and international law and regulations.
WORKSHOP PRESENTER - Craig Watt - General Manager, Chem-Safe Australia
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN FROM ATTENDING THIS CONFERENCE:
- Hear a detailed overview of the United Nations Globally Harmonised System of classification, labelling and safety data sheets
- Learn specifically how the GHS will impact chemicals used in agriculture
- Understand key agrochemical products and GHS classification changes
- Grasp the range of risks that may eventuate as a result of the storage of hazardous chemicals used in agriculture
- Learn how to minimise the possibility of off-target spray drift when applying pesticides
- Understand the key requirements for road transport of agrochemicals in Australia
- Appreciate the Herbert Sugarcane Industry case study and how their strategies are helping to improve water quality outcomes in the Great Barrier Reef
- Understand the importance of quality control of final agricultural chemical products
- Learn about GHS implementation legislation and supporting activities from Safe Work Australia
- Network with experienced experts and your industry peers
- Listen to local and global case studies from industry
- No sales pitches - non commercial presentations
DISCOUNTS – We are offering a 10% off early bird discount until 14th February (SAVE $90 per person) plus a 3 for 2 offer - register 3 delegates and only pay for 2 (SAVE up to $1080). Discounts are applied at online check-out.
Proudly Sponsoring By: