Earthing of Utility and Industrial Distribution Systems - Classroom workshop
Why choose a Workshop Course with IDC Technologies
Face to Face interaction with the instructor & fellow students
Practical & Interactive training
Highly experienced instructors
Quality & Informative content
IDC Technologies have been providing quality engineering training around the world for over 25 years.
Few topics generate as much controversy and argument as that of grounding (or earthing as it is called in some countries) and the associated topics of lightning and surge protection of electrical and electronic systems. Any engineer dealing with power supply networks needs to understand the basic principles of grounding system design and its role in ensuring safety of equipment and personnel. A correct understanding of the basic principles involved will help him/her to avoid mistakes in grounding system design, mistakes that could lead to expensive failures and long downtime.
In this workshop, we will try to demystify the concepts of grounding as applicable to utility networks and industrial plant distribution systems as well as their associated control equipment. In fact, a lot of myths have been built around this subject, although it is quite a simple one when approached from basic principles. Our endeavour will therefore be to explain the fundamentals of grounding, which we hope will enable the participants to gain a correct perspective of the subject and give them the knowledge needed to solve real life grounding problems.
Essentially this workshop is broken down into system grounding, protective grounding and surge/noise protection of power and electronics systems normally found in distribution networks. A brief introduction to the design of substation grounding has been included. Detailed information on ground electrodes and measurement of ground resistance is also available.
- Receive a certificate of attendance in support of your continuing professional commitment
- All workshops include the associated hardcopy technical manual
- Printed workshop handouts
- Lunch and refreshments
- Interact and network with workshop attendees and experienced instructors
- Practical, industry driven content to assist you in your continuing professional development (CPD)
- Attendees automatically become IDC subscribers and receive exclusive deals and technical content every month
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THIS COURSE
- Instrumentation and Control Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers
- Power System Protection and Control Engineers
- Building Service Designers
- Data Systems Planners and Managers
- Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians
|South Africa Tax||R1,176.00 ZAR|
This course is available fully online through IDC Video: On-Demand video courses.
CLICK HERE for more information.