Practical SCADA Systems for Industry - Live online course
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The fundamentals of SCADA systems
- The essentials of SCADA software configuration
- Tricks and tips in installation of SCADA systems
- The essentials of telecommunications links
- The use of industrial Ethernet in SCADA systems
- SCADA network security issues
- How to troubleshoot SCADA systems
- Four 50 minute live, practical sessions with your instructor and attendees
- The full technical eBook manual for “Practical SCADA Systems for Industry “ which includes course slides, cases studies, calculations and practical exercises
- Four hours of additional in-depth video sessions covering many additional areas – yours to keep and watch any time you want
SCADA has traditionally meant a window into the process of a plant or gathering of data from devices in the field, but now the focus is on integrating this process data into the actual business and using it in real time. The emphasis today is on using open standards such as communication protocols (eg DNP3, MODBUS, and TCP/IP) and ‘off-the-shelf’ hardware, such as industrial Ethernet to keep the costs down. This comprehensive course covers the essentials of SCADA systems.
The first part of the course gives an introduction to SCADA systems then focuses on the SCADA system hardware and software, including alarm management and Human Management Interface (HMI) issues. This is followed by a review of the RS-232/RS-485 interface standards and the MODBUS and DNP3 protocols.
The second part gives a review of industrial Ethernet, TCP/IP and MODBUS/TCP.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed to benefit engineers and technicians who are involved in specifying, commissioning and debugging industrial SCADA systems but who have little previous experience in this field.
It is also of particular benefit to personnel involved in areas of design, specification, installation, commissioning, maintenance and documentation of industrial control and instrumentation systems where used, this includes:
- Consulting engineers
- Control system application engineers
- Control systems sales engineers
- Design engineers
- Electrical engineers
- Instrumentation and control engineers
- IT personnel
- Maintenance supervisors
- Plant engineers
- Process control engineers
- Project engineers
Fundamental knowledge of SCADA.
This is an intensive four (4) hour presentation; we will be emphasising sections marked in BOLD below. Full recordings will be provided for the lower intensity sessions (another four hours of video as detailed below) to review after the course.
SCADA SYSTEM HARDWARE
- Hardware components
- Operation and selection issues
SCADA SYSTEM SOFTWARE
- SCADA software functions
- Response times
- Redundancy issues
- Specification and configuration issues
- Communication architectures
- Communication philosophies
SCADA ALARM MANAGEMENT
- Alarm layout and organisation
- Alarm priorities
- Alarm processing and reporting
OVERVIEW OF SCADA SYSTEMS
- Hardware alternatives (RTU/PLC etc)
- Communication concentrators
- Communication alternatives
HUMAN MANAGEMENT INTERFACE (HMI)
- Ergonomic factors
- HMI organisation
- HMI screen design
- MODBUS TCP
- OPEN PROCESS CONTROL (OPC)
- RS-232/RS-485 interface standards
- MODBUS protocol
- DNP3 protocol
SCADA NETWORK SECURITY
|Australia Tax||$40.82 AUD|
This course is available fully online through IDC Video: On-Demand video courses.
CLICK HERE for more information.