Practical Earthing, Bonding, Lightning & Surge Protection
Few topics generate as much controversy and argument as that of earthing and the associated topics of surge protection, shielding and lightning of electrical and electronic systems. Poor earthing practice can be the cause of continual and intermittent difficult-to-diagnose problems in a facility. This workshop looks at these issues from a fresh yet practical perspective and enables you to reduce expensive down time on your plant and equipment to a minimum by correct application of these principles.
This workshop is designed to demystify the subject of earthing and presents the subject in a clear, straightforward manner. Installation, testing and inspection procedures for industrial and commercial power systems will be examined in detail. Essentially this workshop is broken down into earthing, shielding and surge protection for both power and electronics systems. Earthing and surge protection for telecommunications and IT systems are examined in detail. Finally, the impact of lightning is examined and simple techniques for minimising its impact described.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Receive a certificate of attendance in support of your continuing professional commitment
- All workshops include the associated hardcopy technical manual
- Printed workshop handouts
- Lunch and refreshments
- Interact and network with workshop attendees and experienced instructors
- Practical, industry driven content to assist you in your continuing professional development (CPD)
- Attendees automatically become IDC subscribers and receive exclusive deals and technical content every month
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Building service designers
- Consulting engineers
- Data systems planners and managers
- Electrical and instrumentation technicians
- Electrical contractors
- Electrical engineers
- Electrical inspectors
- Instrumentation and control engineers
- Maintenance engineers
- Power system protection and control engineers
- Project engineers
- Safety professionals